[gdal-dev] WCS driver

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 08:31:58 PDT 2017

Peter Baumann kirjoitti 23.10.2017 klo 18:01:
> Hi all,
>
> splendid idea! Anybody who feels like working on WCS 2 support, feel free to
> contact me or my group for any sort of explanations sought (I am the spec writer
> of the coverages, admittedly). Note that the Coverage Implementation Schema
> (CIS) 1.1 is out.  Maybe this is a good starter:
> http://external.opengeospatial.org/twiki_public/CoveragesDWG/WebHome .

"universe of optional extensions"

sounds like a fun software development project :)

In short, how well do you see WCS 2 / the coverage model fits GDAL data
model? It's not just raster anymore, right?

I guess the basic question is that do you think the existing WCS driver
is not an appropriate starting point?

In any case I don't have at this point any real funding / time for this
so I'd start incrementally and just reading the capabilities response
for coverage list is enough. But, I see the importance.

Ari