[gdal-dev] GDAL and ESRI Compact Cache

Lucian Plesea lucianpls at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 16:17:11 PDT 2017

Not the whole cache, but with some effort you can read each bundle as a single raster, as long as they are V2 compact bundles.

The simplest method is to use the WMS driver.  Counter intuitive, I know.
With a recent GDAL, this XML WMS file reads a bundle at level 17 from my disk, as a 32768x32768 raster.
The default CS and coordinates are for GCS, they would have to be overwritten in the XML, via the correct DataWindow node.

<GDAL_WMS>  <Service name="MRF" type="bundle">    <ServerUrl>file://C:/RioG2/_alllayers/L17/R12100Cc100.bundle</ServerUrl>
  </Service></GDAL_WMS>
Lucian