[gdal-dev] Split of GeoJSON driver into GeoJSON, ESRIJSON and TopoJSON drivers

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Oct 28 09:28:11 PDT 2017

Hi,

FYI, in trunk, I've split the GeoJSON driver into 3 distinct GeoJSON, ESRIJSON and TopoJSON
drivers.

This is to avoid identifying ESRI Json files and ESRI feature service URL, or TopoJSON files, as
GeoJSON, which is inappropriate. In particular only true GeoJSON files can be created and
updated currently, so having distinct drivers reflects more accurately the actual capabilities.

Besides the driver identification being different, the impact should be minimal. The only
other intented visible change is that ESRI Json files had previously a layer named "GeoJSON".
The new layer name will be the base name of the file (in case of a file, similarly to the logic of
the GeoJSON driver), or otherwise "ESRIJSON"

Let me know if you find issues related to that change.

Even