[gdal-dev] About CMake build again

Dmitry Baryshnikov bishop.dev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 18:46:05 PDT 2017

Hi John,

The CMake don't required complete restructure the GDAL project. But I
think this changes needed to fit new classes inheritance introduced in
GDAL 2.0. And new sources structure more closer to CMake needs.

Also I would like to note that I have only positive experience with
CMake, especially 3.x (where many things made simpler).

For iOS builds I wrap CMake into the XCode project and used it via
Carthage (see
https://github.com/nextgis/nextgis_datastore/tree/master/opt/ios). This
is not just GDAL, but an example how GDAL can be wrap too.

Best regards,
     Dmitry