[gdal-dev] About CMake build again

Hiroshi Miura miurahr at linux.com
Sun Oct 29 07:27:07 PDT 2017

Hi Dmitry,

On 2017年10月29日 07:21, Dmitry Baryshnikov wrote:

> Hi Hiroshi,
>
> I tried to test you solution:

Thank you for testing and sharing your experience.
It is working in progress status. And it is based on different policy with your solution.

Now I don't write document about a policy and how-to.

In current script assumes 'configuration has a priority over dependency libraries'
So when user/developer ON the driver, user/developer should install libraries on their own.

I have not done every dependencies  clean yet, but I've been improved.
You can  use vagrant script that prepares  environment to pass the build.

$ vagrant up

I've tested with LXC container environment on Linux.

> The QHULL is not mandatory for GDAL build and should not stop configuring at that moment.

It is hard work for me to determine which driver is mandatory and which is optional.  Also I need to  determine which driver should be  ON in default.
It would be a simple rule that driver which does not require 3rd party library is ON in default. Otherwise optional.

Every your feedback is valuable to improve script. It would be good PoC activity to know  which approach is preferable  for GDAL dev community.
I think your solution is to jump to highest level.  My trial is to realize an intermediate step from current source tree.

Hiroshi