[gdal-dev] fix build with poppler 0.58.0

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Sep 8 04:39:41 PDT 2017

David,

Funny, because while you were sending this email, I was just working on this!, since someone
else reported the issue in
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/7033

Thanks for the patch. I've committed a changeset that is a bit a mix of your and my work (see
ticket). Note that your original patch fails to open PDF files at runtime (likely due to issues in
GDALPDFDictionaryPoppler::Get() / GDALPDFArrayPoppler::Get()). I've also added the
needed change in GDALmake.opt.in and in Windows makefiles.

You can check good behaviour of the PDF driver by running autotest/gdrivers/pdf.py and
autotest/ogr/ogr_pdf.py
I'd suggest packagers to run the whole testsuite (python run_all.py in autotest/) before
releasing their packages. There can be some occasional failures due to network issues, or
checksum differences du to slightly third-party lib version differency, but at least that can
give a picture if things are completely broken or not.

Even