[gdal-dev] illegal axis orientation combination when re-projecting

Nick Cummins nickmcummins at icloud.com
Tue Sep 12 16:08:13 PDT 2017

The source projection is contained in the accompanying .prj file in the zip, so it's probably easiest just to download and extract the zip.

On Sep 12, 2017, at 04:06 PM, Nick Cummins <nickmcummins at icloud.com> wrote:

TOWNSSURVEY_POLY.shp in

http://wsgw.mass.gov/data/gispub/shape/state/townssurvey_shp.zip

ogr2ogr -f "GeoJSON" -t_srs EPSG:4326 dest.json TOWNSSURVEY_POLY.shp
produces the error for me

On Sep 12, 2017, at 04:01 PM, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:

On mardi 12 septembre 2017 21:55:31 CEST Nick Cummins wrote:

> I'm trying to re-project a lidar point cloud file using PDAL, which uses

> GDAL under the hood. When re-projecting a .las tile which I was previously

> able to successfully transform the coordinate system from EPSG:4269

> (lat/lon) to a US state plane projection, EPSG:102749, I now get the

> following error:

> (pdal pipeline filters.reprojection Error) GDAL failure (1) illegal axis

> orientation combination (pdal pipeline filters.reprojection Error) GDAL

> failure (1) Reprojection failed, err = -47, further errors will be

> suppressed on the transform object. *** Error in `pdal': munmap_chunk():

> invalid pointer: 0x00007f4ab1fec400 ***

> I was looking online and found someone with a similar issue when running

> ogr2ogr to re-project a shapefile. I am able to reproduce an error running

> the command and data described:

Nick,

Can you point to a link to the source shapefile that triggers the crash ?

Even