[gdal-dev] Running Tests

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 05:28:04 PDT 2017

I'm trying to enable autotest so that I can easily verify changes I make to
GDAL.  I'm having difficulty as my familiarity with the python environment
is limited.  I don't think I want to install the swig bindings OVER the
current GDAL interface code that I may have in my system python
installation.  I would think I could build the bindings, have the
associated .so's (or .dylib's) reference the GDAL build tree and install
the python modules/shared objects in a location I can invoke from autotest
by setting PYTHONPATH accordingly.

This seems difficult to accomplish given the setup so it makes me think I'm
doing something wrong.  Is there a standard (and easy) way to get tests
going on a local GDAL build tree that I'm missing?

P.S. - It seems strange to use python as a CI interface to a C/C++
library.  Is there a reason the test harness isn't in C/C++?

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com