[gdal-dev] Running Tests

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Tue Sep 26 07:08:09 PDT 2017

>> P.S. - It seems strange to use python as a CI interface to a C/C++
>
>> library.  Is there a reason the test harness isn't in C/C++?
>

> Mateusz already answered on that. Writing Python tests is faster/easier
> than C/C++ ones. We/I tend to limit C/C++ written tests to part of the
> API not available >through the Python API.

That's where Julia might help. From Julia we can call any of the C
functions directly from the gdal lib without needing to compile anything.
There is this Julia wrapper https://github.com/visr/GDAL.jl but I confess
that never used it and it probably does not provide wrappers to all
functions. Bur new ones are not difficult to write.

Joaquim