[gdal-dev] ESRI json REST service and first page of data

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Sep 26 09:28:12 PDT 2017

On mardi 26 septembre 2017 15:49:37 CEST Rahkonen Jukka (MML) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Based on
> https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/256668/ogr2ogr-get-geojson-from-map
> -server-misses-features-and-creates-duplicates it is possible that ESRI REST
> service may return different first features when query is sent without
> "resultRecordCount" and "resultOffset" than if the query includes
> resultRecordCount=xxxx&resultOffset=0.  I know that the same happens with
> Geoserver WFS so I would not be very surprised.

Jukka,

I managed to get it working with :
ogrinfo -ro -al --debug on "http://geoportal.menlhk.go.id/arcgis/rest/services/KLHK/Deforestasi_2006_2009/MapServer/0/query?where=objectid>0&outfields=*&f=json&resultOffset=0"  -oo FEATURE_SERVER_PAGING=YES

(you can also include a &resultRecordCount=XXX but that's not necessary)

But OGR should probably better behave by default, and probably auto-add the resultOffset=0
in the inital query. You may file a ticket about that

Even