[gdal-dev] /MD vs /MDd for DEBUG MSVC builds

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Sep 27 12:38:15 PDT 2017

Hi,

For those who don't understand the title, you may skip this email ;-)

Once again someone raised an issue about the MSVC runtime we use for DEBUG=1 builds:
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/7059

and in https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6384 about the same issue, there are 4 similar
tickets raised.

So it seems our default is a recurring problem.

Personnaly I believe I've never used a Windows build, so I'm mostly indifferent

Any opinion about using the debug MSVC runtime (/MDd) for DEBUG=1 builds instead of the
current release runtime (/MD) ?

Even