[gdal-dev] Access raw data stored in a /vsimem file

Andrew Joseph ap.joseph at live.com
Fri Sep 29 14:16:14 PDT 2017

I'm looking to access the raw data written to VSI mem using the java
bindings.

There is a function: gdal.FileFromMemBuffer(String fileName,byte[]
byteArray) which writes data TO /vsimem, but I'm not seeing an obvious way
to get the byte[] from a given /vsimem file. I can't simply use
gdal.OpenEx() as I'm trying to retrieve the SQL written in PGDUMP format,
which is not accessible from the Dataset object for obvious reasons. I could
always just write to disk, but seeing as the data will only be a few
thousand lines in the most extreme of circumstances, I figure its more
efficient and less error prone to use /vsimem where possible.