[gdal-dev] GDALProgressFunc in RasterIO not called

r.boeters roeland.boeters at sweco.nl
Wed Apr 11 02:03:27 PDT 2018

I'm using  GDALDataset::RasterIO(..)
<http://www.gdal.org/classGDALDataset.html#a80d005ed10aefafa8a55dc539c2f69da>
to read WMS/WMTS/ECW. So not per band, nor per block.

I want to be able to terminate this process, so I thought I could pass a
GDALProgressFunc function to get intermediate status updates and return
false if the user aborts the process. However my GDALProgressFunc is never
called.

The GDALProgressFunc is defined as this:

Partial code where I'm reading the data (reading the data works fine, I get
the image; just the progress function is never called):

Am I missing anything? Or are reports to the progress function not
implemented for WM(T)S and ECW?