[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.3.0 beta1 available

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Apr 20 05:21:16 PDT 2018

Hi,

I have prepared the GDAL/OGR 2.3.0 Beta 1 release.  It will potentially be followed by a
second beta, or hopefully directly by a RC1 if things go well.  The source is available at:

    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.3.0/gdal-2.3.0beta1.tar.xz
    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.3.0/gdal-2.3.0beta1.tar.gz
    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.3.0/gdal230beta1.zip

A snapshot of the Python autotest suite can be downloaded from:

    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.3.0/gdalautotest-2.3.0beta1.tar.gz
    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.3.0/gdalautotest-2.3.0beta1.zip

Snapshot of the documentation:

    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.3.0/gdal230beta1doc.zip

The GRASS plugin is available at

    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.3.0/gdal-grass-2.3.0beta1.tar.gz

The NEWS is available at :
      https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/Release/2.3.0-News

New bugs found should be filed in github.

GDAL developers and users are encouraged to treat the next 2 weeks as the prime time for
bug finding and fixing. Given the high number of OSS-Fuzz related fixes done in a lot of
drivers, regressions wouldn't be surprising.

I have created the release/2.3 branch from current master, so new developments can occur in
master. Bug fixes that apply to 2.3 should be committed in master and cherry-picked in
release/2.3

Even