[gdal-dev] Point density gdal_rasterize -add switch

Karl Zinglersen karl.zinglersen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 06:31:27 PST 2018

The rasterization of points, lines and polygons went nicely with -burn 1
-add to a discrete heat map. Thank you, Jukka.

Particularly we where happy with the line density, but have a follow-up
question:
What does the raster values represent?

We did a vector polygon grid test clipping up the lines, where line length
or line count were different, so we guess it is something else.

Karl