[gdal-dev] Do RasterIO of VRT format using arbitrary overviews of origin files

Zi Chui kuroismith at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 19:28:08 PST 2018

Hello,

I have some jpeg2000 files, and i know this format support arbitrary
overviews,
GdalRasterBand::RasterIO will automatically use it in downsampling mode.

But i noticed that the vrt file generated by those jp2 files do not
has arbitrary
overviews (GdalRasterBand::HasArbitraryOverviews return FALSE).

So here goes my question, dose GdalRasterBand::RasterIO of VRT format still
using arbitrary overviews of origin files?

It will be very helpful if anyone can answer my question.