[gdal-dev] Vector Tiles in OGR

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Feb 13 01:06:47 PST 2018

Even Rouault-2 wrote
> On lundi 22 janvier 2018 23:40:55 CET Even Rouault wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> > P.S. @Even: Any news on a GDAL/OGR MVT reader?
>>
>> Yes, a new OGR MVT reader has just been committed in GDAL trunk:
>> http://gdal.org/drv_mvt.html
>
> And the writer part (for MVT and MBTILES) driver is now in trunk
>
> http://gdal.org/drv_mvt.html
> http://gdal.org/frmt_mbtiles.html
>
> Even

Hi,

At the moment we create MVT tiles from PostGIS with ST_AsMVT to suit with
the national gridset that is based on ETRS-TM35FIN (EPSG:3067) coordinate
system. How difficult would you consider to enhance the driver to split and
write vector tiles according to other gridsets than the Web Mercator one?

-Jukka Rahkonen-