[gdal-dev] CPLJSONDocument

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 12:43:25 PST 2018

My preference (and not speaking for the gdal community) for C++ classes
would be:

1. replace const char * -> const std::string &
2. replace CPLString -> std::string

std::string GetString(const std::string &soName, const std::string
&soDefault = "") const;

This is where it would be good to get input from others.

I base the above on maximizing safety while trying to let the compiler do
its best job at optimizing.  Then in about 2022, we can see about
std::string_view :(

http://schwehr.org