[gdal-dev] assigning output srs for GML fails

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Jan 25 00:12:27 PST 2018

Martin Landa wrote
> $ ogrinfo jena-boundary.gml multipolygons -so
> Layer SRS WKT:
> (unknown)
>
> Any idea what I am doing wrong? Using GDAL trunk. Thanks in advance, Ma

Hi,

By having a look at the data there is only one multipolygon which is
correctly written in EPSG:4326

<ogr:geometryProperty><gml:MultiPolygon srsName="EPSG:4326">

Documentation http://www.gdal.org/drv_gml.html claims that
"Since OGR 1.8.0, the GML driver has coordinate system support. This is only
reported when all the geometries of a layer have a srsName attribute, whose
value is the same for all geometries."

I wonder if reporting does not happen when there is only one geometry but
your GML data are anyway correct.

-Jukka Rahkonen-