[gdal-dev] Tiled GeoTiff that reduce the amount of reads in XYZ maps

Guy Doulberg guyd at satellogic.com
Sun Jun 17 00:19:34 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I am trying to use cloud optimized geotiff(cog) to reduce the block fetched
when accessing a raster.

The use case I am trying to build, is a TileServer that serves tile in
openlayer map.
The rasters are to be stored on a remote location, in my case azure blob
storage.

We were able to do that, and you can see the code here:
https://github.com/satellogic/telluric/blob/master/telluric/
georaster.py#L1497

The problem is, when running in verbose mode I can see that there are many
requests to the blob storage,

I am responsible of creating the raster, is there a way in your opinion I
can create the raster aligned to the XYZ tiling system so when I try to
fetch a tile from the raster I will be able to do that with a single or
close to that call?

In the current raster preparation code that I have, get_tile can reach even
10 requests.

Thanks