[gdal-dev] Tiled GeoTiff that reduce the amount of reads in XYZ maps

Guy Doulberg guyd at satellogic.com
Sun Jun 17 06:51:00 PDT 2018

Thanks Even

I tried both ways and in both I am still getting a lot of requests, I am
exepcting only few, one for the headers and one for the tile:

The resolution I used is driven from
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Zoom_levels

and the bounds I calculated using mercantile

so an example of what I ran is:

gdal_translate source.tif target.tif -co TILED=YES -co
COPY_SRC_OVERVIEWS=YES -co COMPRESS=LZW -tr 0.596 0.596   -projwin
675091.8338146766 4706074.957461731 684875.7734351791 4696291.017841227

One more thing, the raster I got is 1/3 of the size of the original raster