[gdal-dev] CTable2 documentation

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jun 19 09:14:16 PDT 2018

Erik,

> I have been looking at PROJ's support for grid files, and notice that they
> refer to "GDAL documentation" for format details about CTable2.
>
> While browsing the GDAL site I have so far not been able to locate this
> information, except for being part of the list of supported file formats:
> http://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html
>
> Where can we find the CTable2 documentation?

That must be some developper sense of humour. To the best of my knowledge, the
best documentation of the CTable2 format is the driver source code:

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/gdal/frmts/raw/ctable2dataset.cpp

Basically there is a 160-byte header, followed by the longitude and latitude
offsets, interleaved, and with south-to-north line ordering.

Even