[gdal-dev] Having trouble working with jp2 files

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jun 20 07:27:10 PDT 2018

On mardi 19 juin 2018 23:07:24 CEST Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> I tried the following:
>
> git clone https://github.com/GeographicaGS/Docker-GDAL2.git
> cd Docker-GDAL2/2.2.4
> #Edit Dockerfile and set 'ENV OPENJPEG_VERSION 2.3.0'
> docker build -t gdal2:local ./
> cd /path/to/jp2
> docker run -t -i gdal2:local -v $(pwd):/data /bin/bash
> gdalinfo -stats /data/850011.jp2
>
> And got the same errors.
>
> Even, I sent you a link to download the file from my dropbox.

Steve,

I've investigated and those JPEG2000 files have a particular characteristic
that triggered a regression dating back to openjpeg 2.2.0

I've just fixed it in openjpeg master per
https://github.com/uclouvain/openjpeg/pull/1121

So I'd suggest you to track openjpeg master (or revert back to 2.1.2, but
you'll loose performance optimizations)

Note: the sample file you provided to me has also a non-conformity (declaring
codestream "Profile 0" but with tile dimensions of 1024x1024 instead of
128x128 as expected) in the codestream header, as pointed by Kakadu, but that
is not critical

Even