[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr SQL command

Rousseau Lambert2, Louis-Philippe (EC) louis-philippe.rousseaulambert2 at canada.ca
Fri Jun 29 05:12:06 PDT 2018

Hi,

I was trying to dissolve some buffers based on a attribute in a shapefile and faced something weird.

I do the dissolve with ogr2ogr command line:

ogr2ogr coverage_dissolve.shp coverage.shp -dialect sqlite -sql "SELECT ST_Union(geometry), type FROM coverage GROUP BY type"

This works fine with GDAL 1.10.0, but when I try to do the same thing with GDAL 2.2.2, nothing happens...

Is there a another way of doing SQL commands in gdal 2.2.2 or am I missing something else?

Thanks

LP