[gdal-dev] QGIS3 - Save Map as Image dialog bug?

Idan Miara idan at miara.com
Thu Mar 1 02:20:05 PST 2018

Hi,

i think there is a bug in the Save Map as Image dialog in QGIS3:

the initial values that are set when you open the dialog look OK, also the
calculate extent by layer work OK, but when I change the scale it changes
the extent to unrealistic values, and when I change the scale back to the
initial value it doesn't restore the extent value.

As there are relations between the extent, scale, resolution and image
size, I suggest there will be an option to choose which parameter is
effected when another parameter is changed.
for instance, when changing the scale, one of the following parameters
could be changed accordingly: Image size or resolution or extent. the other
parameters should be to be kept fixed.

When I tried to save a large image, I got an error that there isn't enough
memory to allocate.
Could we batch process smaller tiles in memory and stream them to disk and
this way to overcome the memory limit?

Regards,
Idan.