[gdal-dev] [help][gdalwarp]Use of gdalwarp with data overlapping antimeridian

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Mar 8 07:07:26 PST 2018

On jeudi 8 mars 2018 14:40:44 CET Robert Coup wrote:
> Hi Christophe,
>
> Have a look at the following:
>
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2016-January/043358.html
> https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/37790/how-to-> reproject-raster-from-0-360-to-180-180-with-cutting-180-meridian
>
> I'd suggest building a couple of VRT files to treat your data as -180 to
> +180, then project each independently to EPSG:3857.
>
> I'm sure there used to be an example in the GDAL docs, but I can't find it
> - maybe I'm imagining it :)

Probably you remember of Frank's tutorial at
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/UserDocs/RasterProcTutorial
See the "Virtual files" section towards the end.

Thinking just out loud: some Python script using gdal.Warp() API to deal with antimeridian
could be a useful contribution to the project

Like start with a raster in UTM 60 / UTM 1 crossing the antimeridian and produce 2 geotiffs in
EPSG:4326 / EPSG:3857 with the east and west parts.
Recent ticket somewhat related :
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/7247