[gdal-dev] Motion: promote GDAL 2.2.4 RC1 for release

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Mar 19 06:48:36 PDT 2018

Hi,

(Combining both RC availability announcement and motion for vote)

I have prepared a GDAL/OGR 2.2.4 release candidate. It fixes 42 issues since
2.2.3

Peek up an archive among the following ones (by ascending size):

  http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.2.4/gdal-2.2.4RC1.tar.xz
  http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.2.4/gdal-2.2.4RC1.tar.gz
  http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.2.4/gdal224RC1.zip

A snapshot of the GDAL GRASS plugin is also available (unchanged since 2.2.0)

  http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.2.4/gdal-grass-2.2.4RC1.tar.gz

A snapshot of the gdalautotest suite is also available :

  http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.2.4/gdalautotest-2.2.4RC1.tar.gz
  http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/2.2.4/gdalautotest-2.2.4RC1.zip

The NEWS file is here :

  http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/Release/2.2.4-News

Note for packagers: I've compared the 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 sources and there's no
change at all in the C or C++ API, so this should be (as expected) a drop-in
replacement for GDAL 2.2.3 not requiring reverse dependencies to be rebuilt.

~~~~~

Motion: promote GDAL 2.2.4 RC1 for release

Starting with my +1