[gdal-dev] Trac to GitHub

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Mar 19 09:58:44 PDT 2018

On 19 March 2018 at 17:42, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
> Regarding my point 1), I've experimented locally on my git clone to rewrite references
> to Trac tickets like "fix #1234" to become "fix https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1234"

Looks good.

> with
>
> git filter-branch -f --msg-filter 'python /home/even/rewrite.py'  -- trunk
> [...]

You lost me shortly after the while True, I suck at advanced git terribly :)

> I'v uploaded the log of the changes (the content of /tmp/log.txt) in http://even.rouault.free.fr/log.txt
> It shows the original and modified commit messages (just for commits for which a modification was done)
> In case you have the motivation to actually review it, let me know if you see some weird things in it...

Slight chance, I suspect, there are numbers that denote reference to
ticket in the old GDAL Bugzilla,
but this shold not be an issue if it gets replaced with the Trac URL.
The main goal is to apply semantic to the raw numbers, even fi the URL
gets broken
in future (eg. read-only GDAL Trac moves to some archives server).