[gdal-dev] Adding WRITE_ID creation option for GeoJSON

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Fri Mar 23 03:59:02 PDT 2018

Hi,

Am I right that there is no option to force the writing of "id" member to GeoJSON features? I have noticed that if I run ogr2ogr with -preserve_fid option then the "id" member is added
{ "type": "Feature", "id": 0, "properties":

However, if I don't use -preserve_fid I have not discovered any way to get "id" into GeoJSON. If I am right, would it make sense to add the WRITE_ID option like the existing WRITE_NAME http://www.gdal.org/drv_geojson.html?

-Jukka Rahkonen-