[gdal-dev] '/vsicurl/https://` does not exist in the file system, and is not recognized as a supported dataset name.

Guy Doulberg guyd at satellogic.com
Thu May 10 04:25:31 PDT 2018

Hi,

We are encountering some issue with vsicurl, we are trying to use VSICURL
to do range queries on rasters that are in azure blob storage,

We convert the azure blob to https, and in most cases it works well for us.

In our execution log we see the following message:

'/vsicurl/https://<a valid url>` does not exist in the file system, and is
not recognized as a supported dataset name.

The message appears with different urls every now and then.

When trying to reproduce the issue in the lab we can't, the VSICURL works
well with the same url.

I can't share these urls, they are pointing to our company rasters, but
they look like:

https://<blob
url>?sig=ddsadas&sp=r&sv=2017-04-17&se=2018-05-10T10%3A12%3A23Z&sr=b

Did any of experienced something similar,

One more thing: we are using GDAL version 1.10.1 I know it is old,
Do you know, if the issue might have been fixed in recent versions?

Thanks