[gdal-dev] Initializing vectors

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue May 15 14:19:02 PDT 2018

On mardi 15 mai 2018 14:09:45 CEST Kurt Schwehr wrote:
> Hi Even,
>
> Trying to get caught up going through patches.  A comment for this one:
>
> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/f7c27a807b27cf74cf4666ffe3df4d64cc3f47b3/
> gdal/frmts/gtiff/geotiff.cpp
>
> You can size and initialize a vector in the constructor.  With this code:
>
>     std::vector<bool> abRequireNewOverview;
>     abRequireNewOverview.resize(nOverviews);
>     for( int i = 0; i < nOverviews && eErr == CE_None; ++i )
>     {
>         abRequireNewOverview[i] = true;
>
> The vector can be setup all at one go...
>
>     std::vector<bool> abRequireNewOverview(nOverviews, true);

Kurt,

Yeah, I know this kind of initialization exists. My issue is that I never remember if this is count,
value or value, count and when this is a vector<int> (and presumably vector<bool>), the
compiler cannot yell at you if you got it wrong... I miss named parameters there...

That said I've fixed the above instance and similar ones as you suggest.

Even