[gdal-dev] Retrieving assigned IDENTITY value from MSSQL

Jerry Faust jerryfaust1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:28:59 PDT 2018

Hello.

I created a few tables in SQL Server by importing Shapefiles using ogr2ogr.
I am able to edit the features, but have not been able to add new features.

After stepping through the code, it appears that after successfully
inserting the record, the newly assigned FID is not being set into the
feature - it is still -1 (OGRNullFID).

Before I consider making changes, I wonder if I’m just missing something.  It
would seem that others would have encountered this before.

Thank you.

Regards.

Jerry.