[gdal-dev] Suggestion to create drivers for a new raster format

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Sep 3 06:22:25 PDT 2018

On vendredi 31 août 2018 09:45:02 CEST Nicolas Cadieux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do we proceed if we want GDAL team to create drivers for a new raster
> format?

Nicolas,

GDAL being open source software, the GDAL team is basically anyone willing to
tackle on this task. You, a coworker, etc... Generally the quickest is to
start from an existing driver whose format is the closest as the one you want
to add support for and adapt.
There's also https://gdal.org/gdal_drivertut.html which gives a number of
hints

Even