[gdal-dev] How to run autotest

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Apr 18 10:11:14 PDT 2019

On jeudi 18 avril 2019 12:38:43 CEST Fengting Chen wrote:
> In my case, this didn't work.
>
> 1. When I ran the GDAL build, I always use "make clean" to clean the old
> build.  And I did run scripts/setdevenv.sh before running the test.
>
> />which gdalinfo//
> ///scratch/gdal/gdal/gdal/apps/gdalinfo//
> /
>
> />gdalinfo --version//
> //GDAL 2.5.0dev-94f370c-dirty, released 2019/04/01/
>
> 2. gdalinfo and gdaltranslate are working without error. Only pytest failed:
>
> /E   ImportError: /scratch/gdal/gdal/gdal/.libs/libgdal.so.20: undefined
> symbol: _Z17CPLHaveRuntimeAVXv/
>
> 3. I checked libgdal.so.so, it is missing that symbol:
>
> />nm  /scratch/gdal/gdal/gdal/.libs/libgdal.so.20 |grep
> _Z17CPLHaveRuntimeAVXv//
> //                 U _Z17CPLHaveRuntimeAVXv/
>
> It seems that my manual test of gdalinfo and gdal_translate didn't use
> that symbol. Anyone know which library that symbol came from?

It comes from GDAL in port/cpl_cpu_features.h/.cpp . I did some change in that
area a few weeks ago. There's some subtelty to inline it or not, depending on
the compiler, etc, but everything works fine on environments tested by
continuous integration.
What is your compiler and compiler version ?

Hum, what surprises me is that in a previous post you mentionned having built
--without-libtool, but here you link agains a libtool build. If you indeed use
a non-libtool build, you need to remove the /scratch/gdal/gdal/gdal/.libs
directory