[gdal-dev] ECW to JP2000

Daniele Romagnoli daniele.romagnoli at geo-solutions.it
Fri Dec 6 06:48:49 PST 2019

Hi Bruce,
One of the several advantages of using JP2K is compression indeed.
Which driver are you using to convert the files?
If JP2OpenJPEG, did you check this page?
https://gdal.org/drivers/raster/jp2openjpeg.html#creation-options

I personally never tried that driver before but I think that the "Quality"
and "YCC" create options should allow for some level of compression.
You may want to play with these parameters (some other people with more
experience than me with that driver will probably chime in with some more
feedbacks).
Just my 2c.

Regards,
Daniele

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 3:20 PM Clay, Bruce <bclay at infoscitex.com> wrote:

> when I use gdal_translate to convert an ECW file to JP2000 it ends up 9
> times larger.  I could not find any options to control the compression like
> we can with Geotiff.  Is there a way to get a compressed JP2000 image?
>

> Bruce

Regards,
Daniele Romagnoli
==
GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V
for more information.
==

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE
2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si
precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo
contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è
riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il
messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra
operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by
European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please
notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.