[gdal-dev] extract wtwdis and unlocd with distance marks from IENC

Lars Schylberg lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se
Thu Dec 12 15:21:08 PST 2019

Hi again,

I had a closer look and it seems like the profiles were skipped when
gdal 2.2 was released.

  All the content from iw and aml profiles was merged in the regular

gdal/data/s57objectclasses.csv  and gdal/data/s57attributes.csv  files.

So this might be a case about what gdal version you are using and using
profile on older versions.

These files can be found under /usr/share/gdal if remember correctly.

There you can look through all possible objects and attributes.

Normally when I analyze a data set, I try and look thru one obejct class
at the time.

First I run a "ogrinfo -summary" to see what classes I have, then

look at each class separately with e.g.  ogrinfo 1W7ML310.000 <one class
at the time from summary>

I was doing some work with aml profile files five years ago, and had to
go thru this examining

of files.   At that time I had to patch some missing attriubutes in the
57attributes.csv for aml.

The procedure is to compare the specification and the content of the csv
file.

But I remember that I played with some IW files from Germany as well and
those displayed just fine.

Good luck /Lars Schylberg