[gdal-dev] patch: s57objectclasses.csv for distance marks from IENC [add wtwdis; unlocd]

wulf gdal-dev at coulmann.de
Thu Dec 19 05:49:55 PST 2019

Hi Even,

> Can you submit this as a pull request by editing
done
  https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/2123

> So you've added
> ;wtwdis;unlocd

> Is that right ?
yes

> Where does this come from ? I can't see that on http://www.s-57.com/ . Or are
> they specific to the particular profile of S57 you use ?

I also searched at http://www.s-57.com/ without success.

I found the values by inspecting the object with opencpn as chart-viewer

The s57 data are the official inland waterway maps from the german waterway
administration. They are provided free of charge. (I'm a professional
inland waterway skipper, we must use this data by low for ECDIS (chart
display of AIS data) on all vessels longer than 20 m)

e.g. Mittellandkanal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mittelland_Canal
  https://www.elwis.de/DE/dynamisch/IENC/download_commit.php?file=WW41_2018-06-22_0_318

or an overview at:
  https://www.elwis.de/DE/Service/Inland-ENC-der-WSV/Inland-ENC-der-WSV-node.html

or an example without the hassel of extracting
  http://gpl.coulmann.de/tmp/1W7ML310.000

The chart holds river kilometers with not physically installed distance
marks. I like to use this for personal interest for locking up the
nearest river kilometer if I have an AIS gps position of a vessel.

With the patch I can export this data

See also this thread:
  (sorry, with my last post I killed the In-Reply-To:)
   [gdal-dev] no OBJNAM/NOBJNM after extract distance marks from IENC
   └─>Re: [gdal-dev] extract wtwdis and unlocd with distance marks from IENC
     └─>
       └─>
         └─>

Best Wulf