[gdal-dev] Extracting vector layers from Geospatial PDF

Michael Patrick geodesy99 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:20:59 PST 2019

> > This must be a redundant question but I really haven't figured out a way
> to do this. I can export into a tiff but that's not desirable.

There are a variety of potential difficulties that can make this
problematic.
1. PDF Version and compliance of the PDF file itself.
2. The lineage of the generating application and 'print' tool chain.

In desperation, at times I've had to open the PDF in Adobe Illustrator or
Inkscape, and export the geometries, and then transform them appropriately.