[gdal-dev] GeoPackage Raster driver - specification version support

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Feb 22 06:12:31 PST 2019

On vendredi 22 février 2019 07:05:51 CET 1_iota wrote:
> Is anyone able to confirm which version(s) of the GeoPackage specification
> are supported by the GeoPackage Raster driver? I had a look at the
> documentation on the GDAL website
> (https://www.gdal.org/drv_geopackage_raster.html), but could not find this
> information. This information is available for the GeoPackage Vector driver
> (https://www.gdal.org/drv_geopackage.html   - under the ‘Specification
> version’ section).

Same rules as the vector part for the raster part.

https://www.gdal.org/drv_geopackage_raster.html advertizes also the VERSION creation option:
"""
VERSION=AUTO/1.0/1.1/1.2: (GDAL >= 2.2) Set GeoPackage version (for application_id and user_version fields). In AUTO mode, this will be equivalent to 1.2 starting with GDAL 2.3.
"""

I'd suggest not changing this, and letting GeoPackage 1.2 to be created by default if you use a recent enough GDAL version.
Forcing this to an older version will just change the version number in the GeoPackage header,
but not necessarily restrict/modify the feature set used.

Even