[gdal-dev] ubuntu_1804

Alan Stewart astewart at terragotech.com
Fri Jan 25 04:41:41 PST 2019

Thanks for the clarification.

On Jan 25, 2019, at 1:05 AM, Craig de Stigter <craig.destigter at koordinates.com<mailto:craig.destigter at koordinates.com>> wrote:

I didnt write it but I had to fiddle with the build scripts quite a bit for the  pytest refactor. Travis only supports Trusty (recently added Xenial, though I don't think GDAL is using that yet either.)

The ubuntu_1804 job builds an entire Ubuntu 18.04 install in a chroot (using debootstrap) inside the travis Trusty environment. It's not terribly elegant but gets the job done. So the kernel is the travis trusty kernel but the userland is ubuntu 18.04.

Hope that clarifies things.

Craig de Stigter