[gdal-dev] vsicurl access to a netcdf file does not see the coordinates

Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís jluis at ualg.pt
Sat Jun 1 15:52:13 PDT 2019

|>Ah, there is no chance that /vsicurl/ with netcdf will work on Windows. It also
|>requires the "user-fault file descriptor" Linux specific mechanism.

It actually almost works. This command should be equal to just download the file

grdconvert /vsicurl/http://w3.ualg.pt/~jluis/ftp/tmp/idades_v2012.grd -Glixo.grd

and I get the file. Only the coordinates are wrong but for the rest, the grid is fine.

Is there a way to force reading the grid locally with the HDF5 driver instead of the automatically picked netCDF driver?