[gdal-dev] vsicurl access to a netcdf file does not see the coordinates

Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís jluis at ualg.pt
Sun Jun 2 09:26:13 PDT 2019

Thanks Andrew,

So, I can now force the reading with the HDF5 driver on local file and it also doesn't read the coordinates.
Is this a bug in HDF5 driver?

gdalinfo --config GDAL_SKIP netCDF idades_v2012.grd
Driver: HDF5Image/HDF5 Dataset
Files: none associated
Size is 2029, 1168
Metadata:
  Conventions=COARDS
  description=File written from Matlab
  node_offset=0
  Source_Software=Mirone
  title=Grid computed inside Mirone
  _nc3_strict=1
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  (    0.0,    0.0)
Lower Left  (    0.0, 1168.0)
Upper Right ( 2029.0,    0.0)
Lower Right ( 2029.0, 1168.0)
Center      ( 1014.5,  584.0)
Band 1 Block=1015x584 Type=Float32, ColorInterp=Undefined
  NoData Value=nan
  Metadata:
    z_actual_range=-0.0558451935648918 181.299896240234
    z_long_name=z
    z_units=unknown
    z__FillValue=-nan(ind)