[gdal-dev] OGDI 4.0.0RC1 ready for testing

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Mar 1 08:26:49 PST 2019

On vendredi 1 mars 2019 16:46:35 CET Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 3/1/19 2:33 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
> > I'll promote this RC to final if there are no serious issues reported.
>
> Not having pkg-config installed causes configure to fail with syntax
> errors instead of failing gracefully about the lack of the pkg-config
> requirement.

I can't reproduce this.
I've renamed my pkg-config binary and /usr/include/rpc/rpc.h to trigger the
need of pkg-config and I get a clean error:

checking rpc/rpc.h usability... no
checking rpc/rpc.h presence... no
checking for rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for RPC... no
configure: error: in `/home/even/ogdi/git/ogdi':
configure: error: The pkg-config script could not be found or is too old.
Make sure it
is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to the full
path to pkg-config.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables RPC_CFLAGS
and RPC_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

To get pkg-config, see <http://pkg-config.freedesktop.org/>.
See `config.log' for more details

Even