[gdal-dev] gdal and proj

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Mar 8 07:30:08 PST 2019

Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic at xs4all.nl> writes:

> On 3/8/19 2:11 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> But, I can't see where proj is actually linked.  configure seems to
>> simply declare that it will be dynamic if there is no explicit request
>> to use the version 4 API.  I don't see it linked into ligdal.so, or
>> ogr2ogr, or any other file that is produced.   I don't find HAVE_PROJ in
>> makefiles to add -lproj.
>
> Looks like you don't use the --with-static-proj4 configure option which
> was renamed to --with-proj in 2.3.0.

Are you saying that just building gdal without configuring options means
there is no proj support in gdal, and that you have to give an
affirmative --with-proj?  I didn't guess that, as usually configure
finds things that are wanted normally.

I read
  https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnUnix
and I don't see this mentioned.

I wonder what the "dynamic" output (the beginning of the proj part in
configure.ac) means then.

Thanks for the hint - I will add --with-proj and see how that goes.