[gdal-dev] Motion: Promote GDAL 2.5.0 rc1 for release

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed May 1 11:22:37 PDT 2019

I have been wondering about calling it 3.0 as well. How much
communication about 2.5 are you alluding to?

Is it more work to relay that 2.5 had a very short lifespan (i.e. never
released) and then we went straight to 3.0, or to spend the next few
years explaining why 2.4 and 2.5 are not compatible?

--
Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc