[gdal-dev] Adding The DWG Driver to ogr2ogr?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Oct 16 08:55:11 PDT 2019

On mercredi 16 octobre 2019 15:43:26 CEST Brandon Biggs wrote:
> Hello Even,
> It makes sense that the driver is proprietary, but the documentation page:
> https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/dwg.html
> makes no mention of this fact.

It does. This is the first sentence: "OGR supports reading most versions of
AutoCAD DWG when built with the Open Design Alliance Teiga library."
Feel free to submit a PR to make it clearer (the doc of the DGNv8 driver
https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/dgnv8.html is perhaps a bit clearer)

> What is the process for including the gdal driver in the build? Is there a
> newbie tutorial on how to build gdal from source? Thank you,

The comment about building being ad-hoc is probably outdated. This is not so
bad, at least on Linux

>From what I've available there:

For Linux
./configure --with-teigha=/path/to/Teigha_lnxX64_5.3dll

For Windows, you need to tweak with the TD_ variables in nmake.opt
The instructions seems a bit outdated. I believe I tried on Windows, but don't
have that config available anymore.

Even