[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.1.0 RC1 available

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Apr 27 06:37:37 PDT 2020

Hi,

I have prepared a GDAL/OGR 3.1.0 release candidate.

Pick up an archive among the following ones (by ascending size):

  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.1.0/gdal-3.1.0rc1.tar.xz
  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.1.0/gdal-3.1.0rc1.tar.gz
  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.1.0/gdal310rc1.zip

A snapshot of the gdalautotest suite is also available :

  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.1.0/gdalautotest-3.1.0rc1.tar.gz
  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.1.0/gdalautotest-3.1.0rc1.zip

A snapshot of the documentation is at:

  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.1.0/gdal310doc.zip

GDAL-GRASS plugin:

  https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.1.0/gdal-grass-3.1.0.tar.gz

NEWS at:

  https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/v3.1.0RC1/gdal/NEWS

Packagers: note that the documentation has been revamped to use Sphinx. If you want to
build html and man pages, in addition to Doxygen, on top of my head, you need at least the
following Python packages: sphinx, breathe, sphinx_rtd_theme (the recipee of the Docker
image used to build GDAL and PROJ websites is at
https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/blob/master/docs/docbuild/Dockerfile , but I don't think
you need all the packages mentioned)
For man pages, the tarball already includes them, so "make install-man" can be enough if you
don't feel like regenerating them from .rst.

I'll call for a vote promoting it to final later this week if no
serious problems are reported before.

Best regards,

Even