[gdal-dev] 100% CPU Usage and W3WP.exe suspended

MRRAJESH rajeshreddy82 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 06:21:21 PDT 2020

Developers,

We are using VRT file as input to GDALVectorTranslate in C++. Till 18 or 19
level, we are getting tiles. When we request for multiple 20th level tiles,
CPU reaching to 100% and w3wp.exe suspended (crashed). Here we are using vsi
memory buffer to store the tiles for each thread separately using UUID...
How to overcome this issue?

	vsibufPath = string("/vsimem/mvt-") + GetUUID();
        vsibuf = vsibufPath.c_str();

         const char *pszFilename = "C:\\Test\\MVT.vrt";
         hSrcDS = (GDALDatasetH *)GDALOpenEx(pszFilename, GDAL_OF_READONLY,
NULL,NULL, NULL);

         dst = (GDALDataset *)GDALVectorTranslate(vsibuf, NULL, 1, &hSrcDS,
opt,NULL);

Regards,
Rajesh