[gdal-dev] No Data Value and Resampling during Warp (C++ API)

Craig Delancy cdelancy at blackfangtechnologies.com
Fri Feb 21 04:10:50 PST 2020

Hello, mailing list:

I am currently running into a problem when using ChunkAndWarp on my data sets. It seems that No Data regions are not excluded from the resampling algorithm, and so I end up with values in the image that have been created by blending a data value with a non-data value, resulting in pixels that are skewed towards No Data but not actually equal to it. This then throws off min and max calculations, and causes many other problems.

Is there a way to exclude no data regions from resampling algorithms, or am I confined to using the Nearest Neighbor option?