[gdal-dev] undefined reference to `json_object_new_array linking with libgdal.a

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
Wed Jul 22 11:38:55 PDT 2020

Hi again Even,

I work with GDAL installed from the Ubuntu GIS repository. I could not verify, but I doubt it is compiled with the --with-hide-internal-symbols flag.

This programme includes the Makefiles, I am just trying to compile it with minimal change. I experimented removing the link to shapelib.a, but then none of the shapefile methods are found. So it seems the compiler it is not confusing it with the methods in GDAL.

I hope this is not straying too much from GDAL itself. It has been a few years since I last compiled this programme, but it used to be just plug-and-play.

Thank you.

--
Luís